This article is about helping you to find different kinds of wooden plates so you can find the best choice for you. We will recommend wooden plates and bowls, wooden charger plates, wooden steak plates etc. This is the way that you can eat healthy and so safely.
A set with these wooden plates will add taste to your kitchen. Because they should not just be some items for eating but it can bring happiness to your family and the dining table would look more elegant.
Best Wooden Plates Reviews & Recommendations 2021
AIDEA Wood Dinnerware set
Overall Rating: 5/5
Earth’s Dreams wood plate
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
DŠ Stuff wooden steak plates
Overall Rating: 4/5
CraftBoutique Wooden Plates
Overall Rating: 4/5
Bamboo Dinnerware Reusable Plates
Overall Rating: 4/5
Best Overall: AIDEA Wood Dinnerware set
The AIDEA set has 12 pieces in brown color. It includes 4pcs wood dinner plates, 4pcs wood appetizer plates and 4pcs soup bowls and you can serve all kinds of foods with them. It is made of 100% acacia wood which is so sturdy and it can not break easily. Wash with soapy water and dry them with a towel when you use them.
- You can use them everyday.
- They can handle hot foods.
- Nice and lightweight.
- The color may vary a little bit if you put them in places with humidity.
Best Value: Earth’s Dreams wood plate
The dinnerware set comes with a perfect package. Each of them has four pieces including 10” dinner plates, 8" salad/dessert plates, 4.5" bowls, and 475 ml cups. This temperature-resistant bamboo tableware is suitable for both hot and cold foods. It is produced from 85% bamboo fiber and 15% of melamine and starch. Melamine is safe to use, but you shouldn’t use it in a microwave.
- Embrace Safe
- Stylish plate.
- Make your meal enjoyable
- They are thin.
Honorable Mention: DŠ Stuff wooden steak plates
This wooden steak plate is made of 100% acacia wood. The wood plate dimensions are 12.6“ x 5.9“ x 0.6“ and paddle pick is 3.5“ long. The paddle picks are made of natural bamboo. The curved edges on these steak plates avoid sliding food and make it easier to carry it around. This wooden plate is made from a premium selection wood that gives it a contemporary look.
- Smooth surface.
- Stain and odor resistant
- Ideal for serving and decorating
- Easy to clean.
- Not to put in the microwave or oven.
Honorable Mention: CraftBoutique plates
This set has 4 Rustic Wood Decorative Charger Plates 13" . You can use this set for many occasions like: thanksgiving, weddings and different parties. They are in a round shape and in a brown color.
- Thick design, sturdy and durable
- High and rustic wood design
- Not for direct food contact.
Honorable Mention: Bamboo Dinnerware Set and Bamboo Cutlery Set
These wooden plates are one by one hand made with genuine, high-quality bamboo wood. They are reusable and recyclable, so cutlery sets are eco-friendly and don't make any negative impact on the environment. In this pack are included:
- Pack of 6 Reusable wooden pieces
- 2 Forks
- 2 Knives
- 2 Spoons.
- Elegant design
- Hand-made bamboo wooden plates
- Don't try to scratch it
Benefits of wooden plates
- Biodegradable: If wood plates break easily they will be recycled by nature
- Renewable: They can be replaced by growing more
- Calming: The connection between us and nature will increase our sense of well being.
- Hygienic: About different reports and studies, we found that wood retains less bacteria than the other materials.
Types of wooden plates
Not all kinds of wood will please your needs about wooden plates. There are some wide range of wood varieties that you should be right to pick up. For better materials and for a better choice for your family or guests.
Pine is a softwood that is biodegradable and disposable. It is also a resistant woo and this kind of wood makes your plates easy to clean after use. Pine food items are also so excellent to transport because they don't break easily.
The origin of bamboo is in Asia and it is the most famous wood for food items. Bamboo is the perfect solution to complement a wide range of décor. Bamboo is part of eco-conscious groups and organizations because it is an eco-friendly material. It has a smooth finish and neutral color and this makes this kind of wood with an elegant look.
When it comes to inexpensiveness and the wide range of variety, Oak is your best choice. Oak comes in a variety of colors from the dark red to the greyish ones. Oak is a heavy and a solid material. It is so compatible.
- A great characteristic of wood plates is durability. If they are of good quality and you will care for them, the wood will retain its good looks year after year.
- Wood is a natural insulator. Wood plates would keep your food warm and will protect your hands from excess heat.
- Wooden plates or bowls can stain and absorb different smells especially with foods like: pasta sauce, beetroot or tea. However the acidity of foods can’t damage the plates. But if you use dedicated cups or plates for different foods or have separate bowls and plates for breakfast or dinner , it would be a good solution.
- Clean them with warm soapy water and a soft sponge.
- Don’t leave them so much in water because they will crack and swell.
- Dry them with an absorbent dish towel, don’t let them air dry overnight.
Q: How can we disinfect a wooden plate?
A: If you prefer to use a chemical-free product, mix one part vinegar or hydrogen peroxide with four part water and soak your plates for a few minutes. But you can also wash them with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Then rinse off and you can dry them with a dish towel.
In conclusion there’s a lot of benefits to choosing wooden items because they are eco-friendly, durable, healthy etc. Moreover if you care about them and follow our tips they will last for generations. If you want wooden dishes for daily uses we introduce to AIDEA Wood Dinnerware set, but if you want something more special , take a look at these brands Earth’s
Let us know which was your choice and if you have any questions please leave a comment on our website!